Monday, February 6, 2012

Borodino 2012

Well the plans  are well underway of the Goulburn valiant Stormer's Epic 1/20 scale clash of Borodino (Ok some of the battle!) 


As our Napoleonic Congress focus event this year, we have set aside September 15th and 16th 2012 at the Goulburn Soldiers Club, NSW Australia. We are seeking all Napoleonic Gamer's to come on down, up, or sideways too visit us for this grand event.







We will be playing using either Grand Manner or General de Brigade at 1/20 scale, That is why we will concentrate only on a small but crucial parts of the battlefeild,; the Grand Redoubt area and the cavalry clashes nearby. 


The French Infantry are well in hand with two Perry Corps and one Elite corps, and the same for the Cavalry. But we are seeking more Wurtemburgers, Saxons, Poles, Prussians and of course Russians so if anybody has some 28mm 1812 Russians drop me a line and I am sure we could fit you in! The more troops we have the more tables we could run, I envisage multiple tables running instead of one large table as some groups will play faster than others.


I will be posting the Orbats shortly and highlighting units that need to be fulfilled for the game, I am also planning a anniversary trophy based on one of the monuments  for those who attend!


Purchasing plans
I plan to purchase Eurekas New Saxon Garde du Corps and Cuirassier and have them on the table in two units of around 24 figs each! I also need to get a few more Polish Lancers!


LA MOSCOWA: The Battel of Borodino, Russia 1812




I am also excited that Warlord have the Russian plastics out, I have already bought a few boxes so I guess I will have another Napoleonic army some time in the near future!






cheers
 Matt

4 comments:

Conrad Hawkwood said...

1:20, you will ned two days to set up....

Bluewillow said...

I know....the joy!

James Fisher, FINS said...

Borodino in 1:20; brilliant!

We too are planning a Borodino game in September this year, although in the more modest scale of about 1:50. Check out our blog at http://avonnapoleonicfellowship.blogspot.com/) --perhaps you might like to put a link to it on your site?

We have also started a 'community blog' dedicated to activities of wargamers around the world in these 'bicentennial years' (http://waterloo2015.blogspot.com.au). We invite fellow wargamers to join us in posting links to information about plans, games, musings and ideas leading to wargaming Waterloo in 2015. Please let me know if you'd like to post links to your website on this blog. I will be pleased to make you an author.

James

Bluewillow said...

will do James!

cheers
matt